When we think about rape do we consider what the contributing factors may/may not have been?
Could age of the perpetrator play a role?
• education level
• income level/unemployment
• racial differences
• parental absence (emotional and/or physical)
• the quality of affective relationships with parents
• Exposure to trauma in childhood
• Teasing, harassment or bullying
To find out more about this, see the following report: Understanding Men’s Health and Use of Violence: Interface of Rape and HIV in South Africa. Jewkes R, Sikweyiya Y., Morrell R & Dunkle K. 2009